We all must leave this earth, but the earth itself endures.
If you want to see the river, its waters, parks, trails, wildlife and adjoining farmland cared for beyond your lifetime, you can leave an estate gift to the Eno River Association. It’s as simple as naming the Association as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy or retirement account, or leaving us a bequest in your will:
– Leave a bequest by making a provision in your will that outlines how your assets will be distributed after your lifetime – for a specified dollar amount, particular asset or a percentage of your overall estate.
– Through your Retirement Plan: You can name Eno as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k) or other qualified plan. Doing this removes the asset from your estate and reduces the tax burden on heirs. Beneficiaries can be changed at any time.
– Through Your Insurance Policy: You can designate Eno as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy either for the total value of the policy or a partial interest
DONORS CHOOSE A BEQUEST BECAUSE
– It is not payable until death, so it does not affect your assets or cash flow during your lifetime.
– It is revocable – you can change the provisions in your will or trust at any time, and
– It is private – your will is not filed or made public until your death.
Let us know if you have chosen to leave a bequest to The Eno River Association or would like more information.