Every December at our Eno Annual Meeting, Association members come together to elect volunteer board members and officers who will help guide the strategic direction of the Association.
Click here to apply or nominate someone to be considered for an Eno River Association Board volunteer role.
In 2022, we are focusing on recruiting members with expertise in the following priority areas:
- Accounting / Financial Management
- Advocacy / Grassroots Organizing
- Environmental Justice / Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
- Human Resources
- Real Estate and/or Legal
Not experienced in these specific areas? Not to worry, we encourage you to still apply for a Committee position or future Board role. See Committee descriptions here.
Furthermore, we believe that our Board should reflect the vast diversity of our Eno River community, in age, race & ethnicity, gender identification, income, etc.
The majority of our board members currently self-identify as white, upper-middle class, over 50 years of age, and Durham residents. However, in our region:
- 44% of our population are people of color,
- 26% of our neighbors have household incomes less than or equal to twice the federal poverty level,
- the median age is around 35 years old,
- over half a million people in Raleigh and six other municipalities in eastern Wake County rely on drinking water supplied by the Eno into Falls Lake.
We have work to do. These groups have a considerable stake in the work we are doing for the Eno, but are currently not represented in our leadership.
Links for more information: